Thursday 4 August 2016

TBR Inspiration #2

Going back through my notebooks to find these lists is like a trip down memory lane. Many of these books I read years ago and it's nice to remember the enthusiasm I had for them. Although the original lists were made using Amazon, from now on I'll be making them using Wordery's similar feature, and as usual titles link to Wordery and are affiliate. 

This second list for your TBRs is originated by my obsessive love for Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi



Lipstick Jihad by Azadeh Maoveni




Thursday Night Widows by Claudia Pineiro


Tabloid Girl by Sharon Marshall














Dreaming in Chinese by Deborah Fallows





What I love most about making these lists is how sometimes you'll get a ton of stuff that's clearly very related to the title you started out with, and other times (like this time) it's a completely random assortment. I've not read any of these, although I did read and adore Xinran's The Good Women of China, so I'm hopeful for the other titles by her appearing on this list. The last title also looks really intriguing to me. 

Have you read any of these books? 

No comments:

Post a Comment