Wednesday 28 December 2011

Telling Tales Challenge Sign Up Post


I just realised I never got around to doing my own sign up post for the Telling Tales Challenge. Obviously there is some serious list making to be done! I'm attempting to find all the fairytale/mythology related stuff I have in the house as I'm not buying books next year, so it should be interesting! If you want to sign up for the challenge, you can do so here.

I'm signing up for Level 1 Classics, and level 3 Mix n' Match. For the classics I have to read five, which are going to be:

The Iliad by Homer
The Odyssey by Homer
The Aeneid by Virgil
Beowulf
The Collected Fairy Tales by Hans Christian Andersen

These will also be included in the Mix n Match level, so I need another ten. I don't have all of my titles yet, but here are the ones I do have and I will add to the list as the year goes on:

1. The Magician's Nephew by C.S Lewis
2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern 
3. Ragnarok by A.S Byatt
4. Fables Volume 3: Storybook Love by Bill Willingham
5. Fables Volume 4: March of the Wooden Soldiers by Bill Willingham 
6. Fables Volume 5: Mean Seasons by Bill Willingham
7. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness 
8. Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
9. Fables Volume 6: Homelands by Bill Willingham
10. Percy Jackson and the Last Olympian by Rick Riordan
11. Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan
12. Fables Volume 7: Arabian Nights (and Days) by Bill Willingham
13. The Girl who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
14. 1602 by Neil Gaiman

I'm probably also going to watch some adaptations, but I'm not sure quite what or how many yet. The ones I currently have in mind are the recent version of Red Riding Hood, a rewatch of The Brothers Grimm, and several Disney marathons!

I'm super-excited about this challenge, and I hope I'll actually manage to complete it!

No comments:

Post a Comment