Sunday 4 December 2011

Another Challenge - Those Books I Should Have Read 2012 Reading Challenge


I keep signing up for challenges, but it's totally ok because this is another one that will help me with my book buying ban, and with the demolishing of my TBR pile! Hosted by Kelly at Reading with Martinis, the aim of this challenge is pretty self explanatory.

The books I should have read stare at me from my shelves every time I go in search of my next read. They're all the ones (Ulysses is the one that immediately springs to mind) that I have somehow managed to not quite get to despite being part of college/university courses or having been on the list of books I absolutely must read for years and years! Soooo this is going to be the definitive list of books I absolutely must read this year! Because I don't want to just end up saying I'll read them again and not (again), I'm going to sign up for level 1, which is just 6 books.

The six books I intend to read for this challenge are:
  • Ulysses by James Joyce
  • A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  • The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkein
  • The Outsiders by S.E Hinton
  • The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
  • The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie

If you want to sign up for the challenge, you can do so here.

No comments:

Post a Comment