Monday 6 April 2015

Sorting through Pinterest: Stuff I Want to Make Soon



Inspiration on Monday

I've been excited about Inspiration on Monday since I first saw the (gorgeous) graphic for it on Trish's Instagram. Of course now that the first one has rolled around everything I want to post about is not a valid option - either I only just started or it's finished and I forgot to take photos and it has been eaten. However, rather than miss out on the first week I thought I'd just jump in with some stuff that's been inspiring me. 

If you follow me here or on twitter or instagram you'll probably have seen all my #yearofmaking posts. Although I've been a little lax about actually photographing and posting pictures lately, I am still going strong with it and have several Pinterest boards full of things I want to get around to sooner or later! In the interests of self-motivation (and discovering what it is that I've actually pinned...) I thought I'd share a few of the things I'm most looking forward to with you. 

Image credit here

This skirt was the first thing I pinned and one of the first things to go in my Ravelry library when I joined years ago! Oh and if you're a knitter or crocheter and not already on Ravelry, that's hours of free inspiration for you right there! The pattern is free and beautiful and I love skirts and don't wear enough of them. Also I've been craving to make something really pretty for a while. There's been lots of the useful and necessary recently but not a huge amount of pretty. 







Homemade Coconut Oil Lime Shaving Cream - Moisturize your skin while you shave with this refreshing homemade shaving cream. You'll love the luxurious feel of this homemade shaving cream and how simple it is to make. Oh, and did I mention it's much cheaper than store bought shaving cream? Added bonus!
Image credit

Coconut Oil Lime Shaving Cream -  I have all the stuff for this already, I planned to make it for Rhys a while back but hit a stumbling block in the form of not having a jar to actually put it in once it's made. I'm going to get around this soon though because the coconut essential oil I have smells too good not to make it! 







Image credit

This is one of the pages from the Ultimate Quiet Book. I really want to make this for the boys, it has so many pages of awesome stuff and I think Ben especially would love it! Now I just have to motivate myself (ah, the age old problem!). 









denim craft aprons hanging on clothesline
Image credit

Kids Craft Apron made from old jeans! I have at least two pairs of jeans which are too holey to wear anymore and the boys both need aprons to cover themselves while making extreme amounts of mess painting. What could be more perfect?






Kids Kitchen Slipcover
Image credit

Kids Play Kitchen Slip Cover. This just goes over a chair and so needs no space for storage - a bit plus in my house! Once I've got over my slight nervousness around my sewing machine I'm going to be all over this! 





Writing this post two things have become apparent. Firstly, that I pin waaaaay too much stuff that I actually only have the vaguest of interest in, and secondly that I don't have enough stuff that I actually want to make for myself! If anyone has any helpful blogs/websites full of inspiring stuff please point me in their direction!! 

To see everyone else's Inspiration on Monday posts, head over to Trish's blog!


4 comments:

  1. LOVE those demin art aprons!! We have a bib that was gifted to us that is made from old jeans and I keep thinking I'll use up some of my husband's old pairs to make another, but I think I like this idea better!

    And ha!! Guess it's hard to photograph something you've already eaten. ;) Thanks for sharing your inspiration Bex! This project has made me revisit my Pinterest boards and now I'm wanting to do ALL the things, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kiddo things are so, so cute. My daughter had a quiet book something like that when she was very young. Can't even remember where we got it - a gift likely. Certainly not something I created. She loved it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) So many great ideas on Pinterest! I need a special board for things I want my husband to make for me--I already have boards with stuff I want to make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many things pinned to different boards that I haven't even tried yet, so need to start actually doing projects instead of just pinning them. Pinterest is so addicting though that I can't seem to stop! lol

    ReplyDelete