Wednesday 1 April 2015

Re-Readathon: May 4th - 10th

As I was putting my boys to bed this evening I was gazing through the gloom at the books on my keeper shelf and realising that there were quite a few on there that I haven't reread since first reading them, in some cases, years ago. If I'm never going to read them again, what's the point in keeping hold of them? So I came up with the idea of a re-readathon - an entire week of only reading the amazing books I've already read and seeing if they hold up to my memories of them.



I'd love it if you'd join me to talk about the books you love and generally wallow in comfort reading. After taking part in the Bloggiesta twitter chats a while ago I decided I need to be doing more of them, so hopefully I'll figure it out enough to host one for this readathon at some point during the week but if not you can just use #rereadathon to talk to other people on Twitter. Sign up all month by linking up your blog below, and let me know if you post pictures or post about your planned reading, I love to be nosy!

10 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea! I keep meaning to reread a few of my favorites, but never seem to find the time. I need to catch up on my review copies or I'd join you. Good luck!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I never do either so I thought it was about time!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is a great idea! We've been redecorating my bedroom and I keep coming across books that I really do want to reread soon, so this is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea! Looking forward to re-reading some oldies but goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm thinking I'd like to reread The Martian and Watchmen again, and I bought my own copy of Chris Hadfield's "Astronaut's Guide to Life" book, which I'd already read once, so probably ought to read that too. (My mind is all about space travel at the moment, and the International Space Station.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea. I have an ever increasing list of books that I 'should really reread some time' so this is excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 this! The hard part will be deciding which books to re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoping to add this in to my month long commitment to the Clean Sweep ARC Challenge for May ...
    Now to rethink what I might reread :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really excited about this. There's so many books on my shelf that I'd love to re-read! Starting with Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith or maybe Pride and Prejudice...oh there's too many to choose from. :)

    ReplyDelete