Happy New Year, everybody! It's a brand new year full of brand new books to be read and new challenges and excitement. As I'm starting the year from a more experienced point of view, I'm going to try something a bit different to try to help me to complete some of the tasks I've set myself for 2012. The first thing I will be doing is listing the books I am planning to read each month. Then at the end of the month I will do a summary of how many of them I've actually achieved! I don't know if this will actually have any effect but I shall give it a go and see!
January Reading List:
- A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare
- Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami (for Reading Rambo's readalong the Mount TBR challenge)
- Fun Home by Alison Bechdel (for Mount TBR challenge & The Graphic Novel Challenge)
- Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neale Hurston (for 50 States Reading Challenge)
- The Finkler Question by Howard Jacobsen (for the Mixing It Up Challenge)
- First part of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- 1Q84 Books 1 & 2 by Haruki Murakami (for the Book Addicts Book Group on Goodreads)
- The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen (for the 50 States Reading Challenge)
Wow, what an ambitious list! I am really interested in Zora Neale Hurston, so I can't wait for your review. A professor of mine did her PhD on her and another African-American writer, so she must be really god.ReplyDelete
What a great idea! I generally pull titles and shove them on the nightstand and pull from there until there are only a couple left-then I restock. It works. :)ReplyDelete
I hope you have a successful January!
Good luck with your January to-read pile! Sounds so organised, I should think of doing the same so I can stop getting more books as I go along!ReplyDelete