Saturday 12 November 2011

A Classics Challenge


Continuing with my plans for reading my own books and library books only for as long as possible in 2012, I’ve signed up for what seems like it will be an awesome challenge. Katherine at Novembers Autumn is hosting A Classics Challenge, for which all you have to do is make a list of 7 classics you plan to read in 2012. On the 4th of every month, she will post questions on her blog, and the idea is for participants to answer these questions which will be broad enough to apply to whatever book people happen to be reading. Also, you only have to commit to question answering during three months of the entire year, which is great for people who are a bit rubbish at consistently remembering about all the challenges they’ve signed up for, like me!
So here is my list of the seven classics I’m hoping to read in 2012:
1.       The Odyssey – Homer
2.       The Awakening – Kate Chopin
3.       Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky
4.       Shirley – Charlotte Bronte
5.       The Tenant of Wildfell Hall – Anne Bronte
6.       North and South – Elizabeth Gaskell
7.       A Moveable Feast – Ernest Hemingway
All of these are currently on my 'Classics' shelf, and all of them are books I've been trying to get to for a while!
Sorry about all the challenge sign up posts going up at the moment, I’m getting them out of the way and will get back to the reviews soon I promise!

5 comments:

  1. I'll be reading The Odyssey next year too :) And hurrah for Tenant of Wildfell Hall! I've just discovered Anne Bronte and she is AMAZING, I hope you love the book as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll also be reading The Odysseey and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall.

    I agree with o: Anne Bronte is awesome!

    Glad you joined! Have fun with this, Bex. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved North and South! Looking forward to reading your thoughts on it. :) I'm currently reading Anne's Tenant, I love her writing too. :)

    Thank you for joining the challenge Bex. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lot of people seem to be reading The Odyssey for this challenge. I am feeling a little left out! It has been on my reading list for a while but I never seem to bite the bullet and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't read any of these...thanks for the literary "wake up."

    I am going to check out North and South.

    Cute blog name.

    Just found this challenge...won't be participating, but you chose great books.

    ENJOY!!!

    NEW FOLLOWER

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete