As I missed posting for this one, due to my (increasingly frustrating and hopefully soon to be ended) lack of home internet, but had written it all up in my notebook, I thought I'd take the opportunity to post my...
Top Ten Fictional Characters I'd Want in My Family
2. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. Because he's amazing. And that is all.
3.Meg from Our Tragic Universe would make an amazing sister, because she's kind of odd and antisocial and into crafts, like me! :-)
4. The Weasley Family. I would totally love to have them as cousins. I love my real life cousins, but always felt they were letting the side down a bit (there are 7 of us, 3 of them...) so the Weasleys would make up the numbers! Plus, they'd keep up our family tradition of redheadedness! Maybe not Percy, though...
5. Kaelin Ring from Ravenheart and Stormrider. Because he's kick-ass , and would totally protect me from anything!
6. Delirium from the Sandman series of graphic novels would be the best little sister, because she's so random and floaty and talks in multi-colours with butterflies. Kind of like my real life little sisters...
7. Granny Weatherwax would totally be my granny. She may not be so much with the words, but she's a witch!
8. The Cullen family because (and I kind of hate myself for saying this) they're totally awesome, let's face it.
9. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables because she basically is me when I was a child. We would have the best adventures!
10. The March sisters from Little Women. I know it seems like I'm fixated (all right, I am), but I think I could learn a lot from each of them. I wouldn't want to be around when Beth dies, though... it's like the episode of Friends where Joey has to hide the book in the fridge. I do that, every time I read Good Wives and it gets to the bit where Beth is about to die, I hide the book and stop reading for a while. I know, it makes no sense!
I have to say, my fictional family, combined with my actual family... that would be a sight worth seeing!