As I missed posting for this one, due to my (increasingly frustrating and hopefully soon to be ended) lack of home internet, but had written it all up in my notebook, I thought I'd take the opportunity to post my...
Top Ten Fictional Characters I'd Want in My Family
2. Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. Because he's amazing. And that is all.
3.Meg from Our Tragic Universe would make an amazing sister, because she's kind of odd and antisocial and into crafts, like me! :-)
4. The Weasley Family. I would totally love to have them as cousins. I love my real life cousins, but always felt they were letting the side down a bit (there are 7 of us, 3 of them...) so the Weasleys would make up the numbers! Plus, they'd keep up our family tradition of redheadedness! Maybe not Percy, though...
5. Kaelin Ring from Ravenheart and Stormrider. Because he's kick-ass , and would totally protect me from anything!
6. Delirium from the Sandman series of graphic novels would be the best little sister, because she's so random and floaty and talks in multi-colours with butterflies. Kind of like my real life little sisters...
7. Granny Weatherwax would totally be my granny. She may not be so much with the words, but she's a witch!
8. The Cullen family because (and I kind of hate myself for saying this) they're totally awesome, let's face it.
9. Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables because she basically is me when I was a child. We would have the best adventures!
10. The March sisters from Little Women. I know it seems like I'm fixated (all right, I am), but I think I could learn a lot from each of them. I wouldn't want to be around when Beth dies, though... it's like the episode of Friends where Joey has to hide the book in the fridge. I do that, every time I read Good Wives and it gets to the bit where Beth is about to die, I hide the book and stop reading for a while. I know, it makes no sense!
I have to say, my fictional family, combined with my actual family... that would be a sight worth seeing!
Yes, Atticus Finch! That was one of my all time favorite books.ReplyDelete
I loved Mrs. March, too! As well as the Weasley family. Great choices.ReplyDelete
I'm a new follower. :)
I agree with the Cullen Family. I would want them all (even Edward I suppose as a brother or something).ReplyDelete
I picked many of these when we did this top ten. I'd love to be a member of the Weasley family. Kaye—the road goes ever ever onReplyDelete
I love this list! Delirium would be so much fun as a sister - actually, I would take all of the Endless as my family.ReplyDelete
I totally agree - I'd want to Weasleys as my family too! I'm seriously jealous of Ginny, having all those awesome big brothersReplyDelete
Books of Amber
#'s 1, 4, 8, and 10 are great picks!!ReplyDelete
So glad I found your lovely blog; I'm a new follower and it's great to find a fellow book-blogging Brit.ReplyDelete
I had Beth March as my fictional niece when doing this topic a few weeks ago - she'd be lovely and soothing to have around when you're old and knackered!
I did all time favourite books this week. http://sophiasbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-ten-tuesday-rewind.html
My two favorites would have to be Atticus and Anne. Wouldn't I have an amazing family with these two in it?ReplyDelete
Here's my post for Top Ten Tuesday, a list of the books that most intimidate me.
And I'll be part of the Easter Eggstravaganza Blog Hop Giveaway that begins tomorrow. I hope you will stop by my blog and enter my giveaways to try to win some great prizes.
These are great. Wouldn't we all love to be Marches?ReplyDelete
Here is my list