If anybody hasn't signed up for this yet, you really should! The girls at BookSoulMates host Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) monthly - April is just closing so May sign up will be up shortly I'd imagine - all you have to do is sign up with your wishlist, and then other participants can contact you if they'd like to gift you a book. I've been participating for the past two months now, and I have to say that giving books is at least as rewarding as getting them, and makes me feel all warm and fuzzy about the world, and all you lovely bloggy people :-)
On that note, I've got some thank you's to say. This month I recieved THREE amazing books from three lovely bloggers!
I've been after Delirium for absolutely ages, since I read Before I Fall, and JL from An Avid Reader's Musings was nice enough to send it to me! I haven't got round to starting it yet, as this month's been mental, but I definitely will do soon!
Sarah Addison Allen is my new love! And Erika was lovely enough to send me a copy of it! Thankyoooou! :-)
And finally....I fell in love with T.S Eliot at University, and yesterday I got this copy (different cover) of The Cocktail Party from Lainy (who also has a great Pre-Loved Giveaway going on at the moment!). I'm reading it as part of my drama challenge, and I'm very excited about it!
The Four Meme
So lots of people have been doing this lately, and as I was reading an article about making your blog more personal the other day, I though I'd join in! If anybody knows where this originally came from, can you let me know so I can credit please?
- Carer for Special Needs children
- Manual labourer
- Little Women (and sequels)
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Harry Potter Series
- The End of Mr Y
- Hampton Hill (Greater London)
- Teddington (Greater London)
- Broadstairs (Kent)
- That's it!
- The End of Mr Y - Scarlett Thomas
- Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
- To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
- Ravenheart - David Gemmell
- New York
- Kuala Lumpur
- Roast Dinner! (especially chicken)
- Roast Potatoes
- Pasta (especially with melted cheese...)
- Ice cream
- Hot Chocolate
- Cranberry & Orange juice (with or without amaretto)
I really like where I am now, but 4 places I'd like to be if I wasn't here are:
- At my mum's house, having dinner with my family
- In Australia with my godmother and her family
- Devon, at the house we used to have summer holidays in when I was a kid
- In the car (oh, how I miss the car!) on a road trip somewhere random
- my wonderful fiance
- my family
- all my gorgeous friends
- my books!
So, there you have it. A little bit of the personal touch. Oh, and just in case anybody was wondering, the car we had (an amazing classic mini with a union jack on the top) finally gave up just after Christmas :-(