Tuesday 16 June 2015

Top Ten Books on my TBR for Summer 2015


By now you probably know about Top Ten Tuesday, but just in case you don't, each week the lovely people at The Broke and the Bookish have a different theme for us to make a list of ten books around. I don't take part as regularly as I'd like but mostly because I am lazy and my memory sucks. However I couldn't pass up this weeks topic! 

As you may have seen I'm currently on a 9 month book buying ban and am selling off my books as I read them to raise money for Beanstalk children's literacy charity. Therefore all the books on this list are books I actually already own!


Middlemarch by George Eliot - Kicking off with a biiiiig one that's been sat on my shelf for years. Allie is hosting a Victorian Celebration this month and next and I'm really thinking I'd like to get this read once and for all! 








Another for the Victorian Celebration. I started reading The Professor by Charlotte Bronte a while back but got caught up in something else and didn't really get into it. I enjoyed the little I read though and it's a little book and would be nice to get some more Bronte under my belt. 







And a final pick for the Victorian Celebration. I'm a huge fan of E. Nesbit but have somehow never read The Wouldbegoods which seems a total travesty as it's the second book featuring the kids from The Story of the Treasure Seekers which was a firm bedtime story favourite in my house! I think this will definitely get read. 




Neil Gaiman's Make Good Art Speech. Because I haven't read it yet and I don't know why. 






The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion because I know this isn't a reason, but seriously everybody else has read it and I haven't and it totally sounds like I'm going to love it so I don't know why I haven't. 





The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness. I bought this ages ago and I haven't read it yet and I keep seeing the other books in the series in the library and wanting to get them out but not being able to because I haven't read this one yet, so yeah. 




The Looking Glass Wars by Frank Beddor because it's about Alice and I'm all about the Alice. Alice forever, hurrah! 






I know those of you who are big YA fans will probably be screaming 'why haven't you read this yet??' at me with pained expressions, but Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I bought the trilogy for someone a while back and it turned out they already had them and I read the blurb after having ignored the hype because it's hype and thought 'actually this sounds exactly my kind of thing'. So yes, I'm going to read this. 



Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng. I can't remember where I first heard about this (in blogland somewhere, I know) but I remembered it while book shopping with Laura and Katie a few months ago and grabbed a copy and I'm looking forward to it. 





And finally, I'm still deciding whether to continue with rereading the Anne of Green Gables series or just skip from the first to Rainbow Valley. This is another that I bought with Katie because it was just too beautiful to resist and I can't actually believe that there are Anne books I haven't read! 






So that's my list! Hopefully since I already own them all and there is no aspect of wish fulfillment to the list, I'll actually be able to read some of them during the summer! Have you read any of them? Any you recommend? 

11 comments:

  1. The Rosie Project is a great book, definitely one for when you are on holiday. Everything I Never Told You has had a lot of praise in blogland so that is on my to buy list. Love your list! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got an excellent and eclectic list. Perfect.

    Here's what I plan to read this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea, selling off your read book for charity. Best of luck to you with that.I haven't read Rainbow Valley yet either. I own them all except that one. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Throne Of Glass, and I've had The Rosie Project for a while, but haven't had a chance to read it yet. Same with Everything I Never Told You. Happy reading!

    Nicole @ Reading Books With Coffee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice list! I've been wanting to read Everything I Never Told You as well. I tried listening to it on audio, but somehow that didn't work. I'm going to try again in print.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Looking Glass Wars is amazing! I had to read it for school and I loved it!
    Here's my TTT post for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to check back. I'm interested in what you think of Middlemarch and The Professor. My TTT: http://100greatestnovelsofalltimequest.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-june-16-2015.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adored THE ROSIE PROJECT and THE KNIFE OF NEVER LETTING GO (the whole series, actually). EVERYTHING I NEVER TOLD YOU was intriguing, but not as good as I wanted it to be. I need to read THRONE OF GLASS as well.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh god my tbr pile is sooooo big. The only one of these I've read is The Rosie Project, really good read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I really like The Looking Glass Wars books, although I haven't read them in ages. I own the first two and I think the third has sunk to the very end of my wishlist now. Maybe I'll reread them this Summer and finally buy the third :)

    I need to get round to reading The Knife of Never Letting Go as well. I've only ever heard amazing things about it, but I've never picked it up. I must have owned it four years...

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister just read The Rosie Project while we were away and she loved it, so I'm looking forward to it even more now! :)

    ReplyDelete