Sunday 29 July 2012

Summer Mini Readathon!



So, today is the day of Sarah's mini Readathon, for which all we have to do is read for a 12 hour block at some point starting today... I will be honest, I forgot about this until about 3pm, mostly due to being awake since 6am entirely against my will due to baby related kicking. Then we went to some car boot sales, and then I got home and thought, 'oh yeah, readathon!'. And so here I am. I am starting now, which means that I would be finishing approx 7.30 am tomorrow morning. Obviously due to pregnant (30 weeks today!) tiredness, I will not be reading the whole 12 hours, but I will be attempting as much as I possibly can! I've just started The Taste of Sorrow by Jude Morgan, about the Bronte's and so far it's really great, so I'm hoping to make a bit of progress with that. 

For fun, and to set me up, here are my answers to the first mini-challenge questions!

1. Tell everyone three random things about yourself:
- I am obsessed with Mars Ice Creams and KitKat Chunkies
- I really, really hate coffee
- I go through very obsessive foody phases. This is one of them.
2. Is this your first readathon?
No, but I don't do anywhere near as many of them as I'd like! And so far I've only participated in Dewey's 24 hr Readathon twice, and never any longer ones. 
3. Do you have any specific goals for today? (# of books or pages to read?) No. I'm starting so late that if I get anything read at all it will be a huge bonus!! 
4. Do you have any specific snacks, drinks, or books planned? Books - The Taste of Sorrow (as mentioned above), and if I don't feel like that, Anything Goes: A Biography of the Roaring Twenties by Lucy Moore, which is great and which I've been reading for weeks, so it would be good to get closer to finishing that! No specific snacks, but I'm about to have roast dinner, and there are also Mars ice creams in the freezer... And then there's biscuits. Always biscuits. 
5. What hours do you plan on reading during? 7.30pm GMT - 7.30 am GMT. Not continuously, but at various points between... Next time I promise to start earlier!


7 comments:

  1. Mmm ... a roast dinner sounds fabulous!

    Glad you were able to join us, even if it's not for the whole day! Enjoy your reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay car boot sales! MAN, I need to go to one of them soon... Hope you've managed to get a bit of reading done! I've not done too well anyway, so I wouldn't worry about it too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm, Kitkat Chunkies. Nooooo, coffee! Mmmmm, roast dinner. Yaaaay, twenties! Mmmmmm, biscuits... Okay, that's it, it may be 7am and I may not be breakfasted yet but I am SO having a couple of Hobnobs with this cuppa. :)

    I really REALLY want to buy the Twenties book, it's been wishlist for ages, but I think after my little buying spree last week I'd probably better read a few first! Although... my mother is going away this week. Which means she'll never know. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and TOTALLY YAY CAR BOOT SALES! And I hope you had fun with le readathon - I didn't spot it until mid-afternoon yesterday, but it's probably a good job I didn't because I spent all evening cleaning! :(

      Delete
    2. Hobnobs are brilliant! I'm going to hunt some out now... the twenties book is really good, I would highly recommend it, and it also has a really pretty cover. Not that that has any bearing obviously! Cleaning sucks! But I just spotted your tweet about the Bout of Books Readathon, so I'm thinking I'll sign up for that and try my hand at a longer one, see what happens!

      Delete
  4. Kit Kats are THE BEST. Oh and also, a new favorite of mine...Snickers Peanut Butter Bites. OMG. Seriously. I could eat them until I made myself sick.

    Oh and I'm going to try my first british biscuit this week! Purchased them at a specialty shop. I must look into various slang and make it my brit day. :)

    ReplyDelete