Friday 7 August 2015

Fairytale Fridays: Fairytale Retellings!

I've already posted for Fairytale Friday this week on the top ten fairytale retelling on my TBR. I just wanted to add a few that I've already read and highly recommend!

The Bloody Chamber & Other Stories by Angela Carter (I don't have a review on the blog but I did my dissertation on it and it's basically the best)

Beastly by Alex Finn (Beauty and the Beast retelling most of you have probably heard of but the book is much better than the film in my opinion)

The Fables series by Bill Willingham & others

Godmother: the Secret Cinderella Story by Carolyn Turgeon (Cinderella. Obviously)

The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke (various short story retellings occasionally featuring characters from Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell which I am still to read!)

Mermaid by Carolyn Turgeon (again obviously The Little Mermaid)

Rags & Bones: New Twists on Timeless Tales ed. Melissa Marr & Tim Pratt (short story retellings of various tales including Neil Gaiman's The Sleeper and the Spindle)

Uprooted by Naomi Novik (Beauty and the Beast, again you've probably mostly heard of this as it's been getting quite a bit of buzz on blogs recently but I loved it, it's a very unique twist on the tale)

And the Canongate Myth Series, but particularly the ones I've actually read;

Dream Angus by Alexander McCall Smith

The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood

The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Phillip Pullman


Link up your fairytale related posts below! They don't have to be recent posts, just one that you haven't previously linked for this event. Please spread the word using #fairytalefridays!

No comments:

Post a Comment