It's Bout of Books time again which makes me the most excited! As was the case back at the beginning of the year, it's running just before the second ReReadathon and they complement each other really nicely. Bout of Books pushes me to finish up all the things I'm currently reading and then I get to immerse myself in rereads for the ReReadathon!
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 17th and runs through Sunday, August 23rd in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 14 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Basically Bout of Books is just a really really fun week and a great chance to discover new blogs, chat to new people and even do some reading! If you want to join the fun check out the above link to sign up.
My goals for Bout of Books are thus:
- Read a bit every day
- Do at least three challenges
- Finish one book
- Visit a new to me blog each day
- Take part in a twitter chat (?? If it works out time and kids wise)
I don't know what my TBR will be yet but it will probably include some bits of the following:
- Fishbowl by Matthew Glass - I need to finish this one up because I'm really enjoying it and want to write about it
- Happiness by Matthieu Ricard - because it's gorgeous and very inspiring.
- The Unwritten vol 1: Tommy Taylor and the Bogus Identity by Mike Carey & Peter Gross
- Fables: Happily Ever After by Bill Willingham & Mark Buckingham
- Sketcher by Roland Watson - Grant - because I started it ages ago, was really enjoying it and then just never finished it.
- The Bookshop that Floated Away by Sarah Henshaw - another one I'm in the middle of, and it's about bookshops and the river. I'll probably try to finish this.
- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer - for Brittany's readalong. This isn't scheduled til September but I really enjoyed Cinder and can't wait to find out what happens next!
Affiliate links, if you purchase through these links I will get a small commission and be very grateful.
Are you taking part in Bout of Books? What will you be reading this week?
I still need to read Scarlet! I love Bout of Books and I am looking forward to your rereadathon. Good luck with your goals! I hope to finish The Girl with the Windup Heart and start A Whole New World.ReplyDelete
My goal is just to knock off some good amount of reading. Good luck with your goals!ReplyDelete