So, another challenge! This is only my third challenge for next year (not including my own!), so I think I'm still doing well with my limiting my challenges for 2013 thing. The Wishlist Challenge is hosted by Uniflame Creates, and you can sign up for it here. The rules are as follows:
1. The challenge runs from January 1st, 2013 to December 31st, 2013.
2. You are to read 12 books from your current wishlist. If you don’t have a list anywhere, write down books that you are eager to read, that you don’t own yet, and choose 12 books off that list.
3. If you can’t find a book that’s on your wishlist (your library doesn’t have it, or you don’t want/can’t buy it) then you can use another book. But: you are not allowed to include any NEWLY added books for this challenge. So, whatever your list is now, that’s it. I.e. you can’t read amazing things about a book on someone else’s blog, decide you want to read it, then read it for the Wishlist Challenge. The opposite is true: you want to read something for the Wishlist Challenge, so you go to your wishlist, find a book that was on that wishlist before January 1st, 2013, and read it for the challenge.
4. You can overlap with other challenges, as long as you read books that were on your wishlist before January 1st, 2013.
5. Sign up here by leaving a comment with a link to your announcement post for this challenge.
6. When you’ve read your 12 books, come back here and leave a comment with a link to your final post about the challenge. Make sure you’ve done this by January 15th, 2014.
Because of my book buying ban, I've been checking out which books I can get from the library, so my list is as follows:
- The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac
- Intuition by Allegra Goodman
- NW by Zadie Smith
- The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer
- Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Blankets by Craig Thompson
- The House That Groaned by Karrie Fransmen
- Cinderella Ate My Daughter by Peggy Orenstein
- The Library Book by Alan Bennett
- Shockaholic by Carrie Fisher
- Telegraph Avenue by Michael Chabon
Thanks for joining the wishlist challenge :) I read the fault in our stars this year, and I loved it! I hope you will enjoy it too :)ReplyDelete
Oh I second Cinderella Ate My Daughter and Shockaholic! Ellie sent me the former as a RAK a year and a half ago - it's how we 'met!' I really need to reread that actually...ReplyDelete
The latter is just hilarious and seems quite genuine - I vaguely knew about her drinking but that's it. Thinking about it, I may heard of that one through Ellie too!
I really wasn't impressed with The Fault in Our Stars though. I don't know if it was because I had such high expectations or not, but I really didn't enjoy it much.
Oh good - I've got seven of those on my wishlist and one on Mount TBR. I shall be watching you like a HAWK, my darling, one of those impressive kind of regal ones obviously (*preen*) to see what I need to read first! :PReplyDelete
Okay that regal thing was a fib. I know that because Mum looked over my shoulder and snorted in a very unladylike manner. She says I'm more like an American kestrel - tiny and a bit manic and makes a lot of noise. :(Delete