Saturday 28 June 2014

What I've Been Doing...

This is just a quick post to update those of you who are interested :-) I've been a bit absent lately, and this is the reason: 




This is the newest addition to our family, Samuel (Sam) who was born on Friday 20th June at 5.02pm. And yes, for those of you who are wondering, that does happen to be my birthday. Fun way to spend a birthday :-p Thankfully it was much shorter and much less complicated than when Benji was born, which was nice, and we only had to stay in hospital overnight, which was also nice. Less nice was then having to go back into hospital on the Monday in an ambulance, but it turned out to be a minor thing and fingers crossed all is well now! 

So, if it's quiet around here, it's because we're adjusting to life with our two gorgeous little boys, which promises to be entirely mental and I'm slightly panicked about how on earth I'm going to cope once Rhys is back at work in just under a week, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it! Anybody have any tips on what to do with a fairly demanding 20 month old while you're (constantly) breastfeeding a teeny tiny baby? 

Reading-wise, I've read loads since having him. Breastfeeding, especially the 3-4.30am shift is the perfect time to get loads of reading done, and I've finished Tell the Wolves I'm Home and Using the Plot: Tales of an Allotment Chef since - now I just need to find a spare moment to write reviews! We're currently going to be at about 8pm to have enough energy to get through the day, so it's safe to say it may be a while before regularly scheduled programming recommences! I'm also in the middle of Tout Sweet:Hanging Up My High Heels for a New Life in France by Karen Wheeler, My Year of Doing Good by Judith O'Reilly and Submarine by Joe Dunthorne, so yes, lots of reading activity going on, and eventually I will get around to some reviews I promise! Meanwhile, stick with me, I'm still reading all of your blogs even if I don't actually get to comment, and I will be back!

9 comments:

  1. excellent reason for taking a blogging break! A cute one too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Sam is beautiful (it's okay to say that about a boy, right?). Will your little guy sit still to let you read to him while you nurse? No harm in a little more tv or movies than you're used to allowing for a little while as everyone adjusts to the new life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the best birthday gift ever! Happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!! Just take your time to settle into a new family,
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww~ congrats on your little one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! He is absolutely gorgeous! In the bookish realm, I have Tell the Wolves I'm Home on my intended list for the summer, and I really enjoyed Tout Sweet when I read it a few years ago. I hope you do, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete