Wednesday 9 January 2013

Very Belated Christmas Book Haul!

I meant to post this just after Christmas, but stuff got a bit mental and I forgot. To be honest, I didn't get that much in the way of books, but between the three of us we did well!!


Soooo basically the books at the front are mine, the middle left pile are Rhys' and the ones on the right and at the back are Benjamin's! Here's what's in the pile:

  • Fables Volume 8: Wolves by Bill Willingham was a present from my awesome sisters. I knew it was coming because my sister told me not to buy it way back in like November, but I'd forgotten so it was still a great surprise!
  • The Hairy Bikers Mums Still Know Best cookbook from my brother (although I suspect my mum bought it and just gave it to him to give to me!). I loved the series and have been after the book for a while now :-) 
  • The Great British Bakeoff Showstoppers. Can't actually remember who this was from. I think it was my parents, but with a family the size of mine and everybody giving out their presents all at the same time it's difficult to remember! Anyway, I have the other Bake-Off book and I adore it so I can't wait to try some stuff from this!!
That's it for me, but Rhys got:
  • Stephen Sondheim: Finishing the Hat from my parents. I don't know if I've mentioned how Rhys has an MA in music and is obsessed with musicals, but he is. This is an annotated collection of his lyrics.
  • Mary Poppins, Mary Poppins Comes Back & Mary Poppins Opens the Door by P.L Travers from Santa (me). Again, because he loved the musical of it and we're both pretty big fans of the film and have never read the books. 
  • Make Your Own World of the Theatre (pictured below) again from me. It's one of those model making books, but with loads of really tiny pieces, so it's grown up modelling and not at all childish. Obviously :-) 
Benji's haul was definitely the best, because he's a baby and everybody wants to buy books for babies, right?
  • Benjamin's Book & Noisy by Shirley Hughes from my parents. We especially love Noisy, mostly because he is, but also because Shirley Hughes' illustrations are just beautfiul. Lately he's taken to screaming through his bedtime story, but prior to that he was quite mesmerised by the pictures in this. 
  • Spot's Magical Christmas by Eric Hill & Funnybones Collection by Allan Ahlberg from three of his aunties. Both are a little long for him to sit through at the moment but I'm especially excited about Funnybones as it's a collection of 3 stories and he's really into the rhyming stories at the moment!
  • Pictured below: ABC 3D by Marion Bataille again from his aunties. My sister is studying graphics and she saw this and had to get it for him. It is AMAZING. It's literally the alphabet in pop up and the way it's done is really ingenious. Letter pop out of other letters and slide out from underneath and such. I think it's going to be one of those presents that's too beautiful for him to actually touch!!




And aside from all that, lovely Hanna sent me Farenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury and The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott by Kelly O. McNees, both of which I'm ridiculously excited to read. She also sent Benji an Amazon voucher which I've just spent, but I'll save the pictures of those books for when they arrive!!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I actually kind of want that ABC book now JUST FOR KICKS. Enjoy all the books, all three of you! :D
    P.S. I totally have to comment on your Top Ten Tuesday at some point, but I have ALL THE THINGS to say and I haven't sat down to do it yet! So... that's exciting for you. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete