Tuesday 22 January 2013

The Classics Club : January Meme

As per my resolution for this year, here is the first Classics Club meme question for 2013!

The question for January is thus: 

What is the best book you’ve read so far for The Classics Club — and why? Be sure to link to the post where you discussed the book! (Or, if you prefer, what is your least favorite read so far for the club, and why?)
If I answer the question as is it will be pretty boring as I've still only read three books from  my list. Shocking, I know, but my favourite of the two is, of course, The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte, which was so great that I wrote two posts about it. Soooo instead I will answer a question which will undoubtedly come up in coming months and I'll have to repeat myself. The book that I'm most looking forward to reading from my list. 

I think it's probably between two (and one is kind of cheating). Firstly the fairytale buff in me is ridiculously excited for the mythical day when I will finally get my hand on a copy of Tales of Mother Goose by Charles Perrault, but I'm also really looking forward to sinking into a big re-read of the Swallows and Amazons series by Arthur Ransome. Bring on the summers of sailing away from adults and responsibility and eating sweets and climbing trees and planning strategic boat captureyness on each other all day. Oh yes. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm dying to get my hands on Swallows and Amazons again! I read it a few times as a kid, but I think I might appreciate it MORE now. For example, all the Captain Flint stuff - when I was little he was ACTUALLY a pirate, and it was only in retrospect that I realised that was all childish imagination in overdrive. I read some of the other books in the series from the school library, but I remember exactly nothing about them now...

    Pemmican and campfires forever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Anne Bronte! I still need to get my answer up for this question, but I've only read ONE book so far from my list, so my answer will be super boring, lol.

    ReplyDelete