Thursday 14 July 2016

TBR Inspiration #1

I think I've mentioned before that whenever I've really loved a book I go and use the 'people who bought this also bought' feature on Amazon to make a list of 10-20 other books. I start with the title I loved and then click on a title in the also bought list for that title, then one for the next title and so on so it makes a sort of chain of books. In pursuit of decluttering I'm getting rid of my old notebooks and flicking through them I found a load of these lists and thought I'd add them here as a semi - regular feature, because obviously we all need more titles to add to our TBR!

As you'll know if you've been reading this blog a while, I do not support or endorse Amazon for many reasons, and so although I used a feature on their site to make this list, all the title links will go to Wordery who I do fully support, endorse and am an affiliate of, so should you choose to purchase any of the books through these links I will get a small commission and love you forever. 

Onwards!

The first list I found in my notebook was after I read Eat, Pray, Love. In hindsight this isn't one of the best books I've ever read, but at the time I really loved it so here we go! 

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert


The Help by Kathryn Stockett


The Lacuna by Barbara Kingsolver


One Day by David Nicholls


Alone in Berlin by Hans Fallada










The Backpacker by John Harris




Getting Stoned with Savages by J. Maarten Troost




A Land of Two Halves by Joe Bennett


31 Days in a Campervan by Pete Buckley


The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin


The Power of Less by Leo Babauta




The Fry Chronicles by Stephen Fry 



The similarity between some of these titles is clearer than with others - some seem entirely random to me, but there's lots on here that I'm interested to read! I've recently started a library wishlist as well as my regular wishlists, so that I can put titles somewhere and remember them without having to buy anything and lots of these will be going on there!

I've read a few - The Happiness Project and The Help are both excellent and well worth a read if you haven't already. I also enjoyed The Fry Chronicles, although it's probably only interesting if you're interested in Stephen Fry. He's an interesting man though!

Have you read any of these books? 

Look out for another list coming soon!

2 comments:

  1. J. Maarten Troost is one of my favorite writers! He takes the travel memoir genre to a whole other level. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good to know,thanks Mia! Hope you're well :-)

      Delete