Wednesday 9 September 2015

Blogger Swap Directory

As many of you may know, I am cofounder and conspirator in the Ninja Book Swap, a twice yearly swap organised by Hanna and myself as an extension of the goodness of book blogger secret santa. Basically, we didn't want to wait until Christmas, so we now use the swap as an excuse to send and receive parcels of books and related goodies to fellow booklovers and bloggers all the over the world twice a year!

While I was thinking about how great the Ninja Swap is, I was also thinking about the other joy and happiness inducing swaps that go on throughout the blogosphere, and I thought it would be a great idea to make a directory of them! For ease of discovery I've included the twitter hashtags I could find at the end of each swap, making it easy for you to track them down!




They cover all subjects, and if I haven't included your swap please fill in this form. This directory is only designed for swaps organised by bloggers, rather than those hosted on swap websites.

Bookish Swaps

International

Ninja Book Swap - twice a year we run the original Ninja swap whereby you receive someone's details and make them a parcel with a book or two from their wishlist, a gift based on their likes and a letter saying hi, alongside themed swaps (hometown, trick or treat etc) and a penpal swap as well as upcoming projects. The swap runs in February/March and September/October each year and is open to booklovers worldwide.  #ninjabookswap

Nonfiction Book Swap - In case you've not heard there is an event run during November called Nonfiction November and I am running a book swap to coincide. Sign up is open until November 8th this year & you must have (or make) a nonfiction only wishlist! #NonFicNov #nonficswap

OTSPSecretSister - very similar in concept to Ninja Swap but affording much more opportunity to get to know your 'sister'. You are paired with someone and send them parcels of loveliness each month for six months,at the end of which you reveal who you are.The current round was the first where international (outside the US) participants could join in, so hopefully it's a continuing trend! Get to know the hosts, Alyssa, Brittany and Amy to take part in the next round. Guys are welcome too! #otspsecretsister

The Broke and the Bookish Secret Santa - the original inspiration for the Ninja Swap, this yearly book blogger secret santa is in its sixth year now and is brilliant fun! Sign up and send a book and gift to a fellow bookworm, what could be nicer? International. #tbtbsanta

U.S/Canada Only

Books n Bloggers, Swapoween & The 12 Days of Christmas Swap - these are run by Chaotic Goddess Swaps and are targeted particularly at bloggers. I know a few people who participate and love them. Books n Bloggers runs three times a year and the others are annual. Open to US and Canada only.


Food 

The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap - this is annual and primarily aimed at food bloggers. The general idea is that you receive the address details of three other people whom you then send cookies to. Sounds fantastic to me!


General

The Bloggers Snail Mail Project - runs quarterly. You are matched with someone from a different area or country and spend a bit of time getting to know them, then you send them a little, inexpensive gift from your country as well as a positive and motivating letter. Open worldwide. #TheBloggersSnailMail


Chase Your Dreams Swap - this was run for the first time in 2015 by Mia of The Chronicles of Chaos. The basic idea is that you sign up with you top three goals for the year and the person who gets you then makes you a parcel to inspire you to fulfill your dreams! I really hope she's going to run it again in 2016!

I know there will be loads more that I've missed - this is just from the ones I've taken part in or know others who have! Please feel free to fill in the form above and I'll be sure to add your swap to the list asap!

Here's to spreading as much love and positivity as possible throughout the blogsophere!

6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome directory!! I love bookish swaps. :)

    And thank you so much for the shoutout! I will definitely do the Chase Your Dreams Swap again for 2016. It was such a great experience! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made me so excited for the OTSP swap that I'll have to look into it myself! Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I've been sitting on your letter FOREVER because i haven't had time to run to the post office and get some international stamps. I promise I'll send it out soon AND I'll send you another letter to make up for it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So , cool, I would love to exchange cookies with other bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun list to try out. Thnx for putting it together #NinjaLady

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds so fun. Its a good way to meet other book bloggers. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete