So to make up for that, I wanted to share a pretty photo I took. I've been on a year long book buying ban since the beginning of February, and I'm doing well so far. So to reward me, for our anniversary, my fiance gave me a £10 limit and bought me some books, and I think I did pretty well for the money! Here's what I got:
From top to bottom:
- The BFG by Roald Dahl - I've recently started a project to re-read all my favourite books throughout my childhood and teenage years, and had to get this when I found it while searching in a charity shop.
- Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi - Since reading Persepolis, I've got really interested in literature about Iran, and as this is a memoir about the reading of books, and censorship, both things I'm really interested in, it was another 'had to have'.
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett - I had this on order from the library, but there are about 300 reserves on it, so the chances of me getting it before next year were minimal. Buying it just seemed to make sense.
- Rabble Starkey by Lois Lowry - For the re-reading project. I used to have a copy of this I bought from the library for about 10p, but it's been lost or given away or nicked by one of my siblings, so now I have another one!
- Anastasia At Your Service by Lois Lowry - Again another one I loved as a kid. This (and the other two I got) are just books I'd totally forgotten about, and when I found them today I went into a little bit of a squealy fit (no, I'm not proud..) and had to have them. It helped that they were only 99p each!
- Anastasia Has the Answers by Lois Lowry
- Anastasia's Chosen Career by Lois Lowry
- Bel Canto by Ann Patchett - I've been hearing and reading really good things about this for ages now, and it's a really nice copy. I'm definitely excited to read it!
Now I just have to find shelf space for them, wish me luck!!