I am super excited! Sign ups for the Summer Ninja Book Swap are officially open and Hanna and I have been running the swaps for an entire year :-) The eagle eyed among you will notice that this is the same button we used last year, purely for continuity's sake of course. Feel free to nick it to put on your blogs.
In case anybody doesn't know what a Ninja Book Swap is yet, here are the basics:
You sign up to send a fellow ninja a parcel containing a book or two from their wishlist (these do not have to be new, but must be in a condition you would be happy to receive yourself), a little gift based on a list of their likes and dislikes you will receive, and a card revealing who you are. There has been a little confusion in the past, but to retain the ninjaness, you won't send your parcel to the same person you receive a parcel from, that way everybody's parcel is a total surprise :-)
Want to sign up? Of course you do! Here's a little list of what to do and the rules. There aren't many so please make sure you follow them all!
**** Sign up by sending us an email at email@example.com. In the email you need to tell us:
- your name and address details
- a link to your blog/goodreads/facebook page/twitter or tumblr account/wherever you have an 'internet presence'
- a link to your book wishlist or alternatively a list of ten books you really want to read
- a short list of your likes and dislikes (e.g. I like chocolate, Harry Potter and silver jewellery, I dislike pink things, bookmarks and anything overly girly) to help your partner when they're choosing your gift
- Shipping preference - are you happy to send you parcel internationally or would you prefer to send only within your own country?
- If you would like to send and receive TWO awesome parcels, please let us know! :-)
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us all the above things by Sunday May 25th
- Go shopping! And post your parcel by Monday June 30th - this is to give everybody plenty of time to shop as lots of people had issues with not having enough time last time. You can of course post it before this deadline if you're ready!
- PLEASE buy a book or two from your recipients wishlist as this is the only way (unless you already know them well) you'll know they don't have or haven't read the book already.
- Books can of course be second hand but please do not send copies in a condition you'd be unhappy to receive yourself and PLEASE do not send anything that is obviously a promotional copy (e.g says '£1 with Galaxy Chocolate/The Daily Express) as it makes it seem like you've not bothered!
- Email us both once you have SENT and RECEIVED your parcel, so we can keep track and make sure that everyone's playing fair :-)
- Please get proof of postage when sending your parcel, as if you don't and the parcel goes missing you a) won't be able to claim via Royal Mail and b)won't be able to participate in future swaps.
The swaps are a massive amount of fun and a brilliant way to get to know new bloggers and feel like the world is a lovely place full of lovely strangers who want to buy and send you gorgeous bookish parcels for no reason :-) If you want to keep up with what's going on, follow us on Twitter @NinjaBookSwap, where we will be posting updates and generally making a lot of book swap related noise. Please feel free to blog about the swap and tweet us the links to your posts - we'll be happy to share!