Monday 13 March 2017

Shopping My Shelves (and giving away books!)

Hey people, it's been a while... I've been having a wonderful time reading whatever I want and having very low commitments blog-wise. It's making my brain feel better I think - either that or just leaving me more room to be anxious about other stuff!

Either way I reorganised my books the other day during a fit of wanting to hide from the world. They're now shelved by publisher, which is pretty much the only way I've never shelved them before and it means they no longer fit on my (two bookcases worth of) shelves! When I was going through them though I realised, as you do, that I'd forgotten I had a lot of them and while I've done a pretty good job of passing on things I know I'll never get around to, I thought a fun thing to do might be to go through them in a bit more depth. Cue a new thing I'll be doing over on my Instagram: Shopping my Shelves. 

Each day (or sporadically, depending how ingrained this becomes) I'll post a picture of a book chosen at random from my shelves of unread books, plus the blurb and a little on where I acquired it/how long I've had it for and a summary of whether I'm going to add it to my pile of books to get to immediately, put it back on my shelves for eventual reading, or pass it on! If it's a book that's being passed on, you dear friends and readers will be able to request it. I'll send one parcel a month for free (up to 2kg - 2-3 books) to a UK person, and other than that you can just cover postage & I'll send you books. I do this fairly often on twitter, but I thought this would be really fun, give me something to post on Instagram rather than just pictures of my lunch, and enable me to share even more bookish love with you lovely people.

Hopefully I'll also make you aware of some brilliant books in the process. If you're not already following me do come and say hi! I'll be using #shoppingmyshelves and will have a page here on the blog for books currently on offer. Look out for the first post this evening!

For reference purposes, here's what my bookshelves of unread books look like:



There are between 300 - 400 books pictured. I have a lot of books. I do not need any more books. I will undoubtedly get more books. We are so far failing absolutely on the spending freeze front, but we are becoming way more mindful of what we're spending and why and I hope this exercise will help more with my book buying! Wish me luck!

9 comments:

  1. The first time I went through my unread books and got rid of some, I felt terribly guilty. But now it's actually a relief to go through the shelf every once in a while and admit that I chose a book during a phase and that it's just not one I'm interested in anymore. I should also spend more time reading them. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck shopping your shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bex! I'm hosting an Anne of Green Gables Read Along starting this month. I'd love to have you join! Here's the info post: https://greenishbookshelf.com/2017/05/01/announcing-the-anne-of-green-gables-read-along-2017/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. شركه سما الصقر
    تعد من افضل شركات ترميم منازل واعمال الدهانات والديكور والمقاولات العامه
    فاننا في سما الصقر
    شركة ترميم منازل بالرياض، كثيرًا ما يتعرض المنزل إلى المشاكل المختلفة والتي يكون في حاجه ترميم، أو يمكن أن يرغب الشخص في أن يقوم بتغير ديكور المنزل في هذه الحالة فإنه يجب عليك التواصل مع شركة ترميم بالرياضالتي تحرص على أن تقدم هذه الخدمات إلى العميل بحرفية شديد.
    شركة ترميم منازل بالرياض
    شركة ترميم فلل بالرياض
    ولاننا جميعا نريد دائما ان تظهر منازلنا بصورة مثالية فائقة تبهر كلا من يراها , لذلك يجب علينا دائما ان نلجا الي تفقد وعمل صيانة لمنازلنا بصفة دورية نظرا لما ممكن ن يصيبها من اهتراء الدهان وتساقطه وبعض الشروخ والتصدعات وغيرها سماالصقر لترميم المنازل بالرياض
    شركة ترميم شمال الرياض
    هي واحدة من أنواع شركات الخدمات التي ظهرت في الوقت الحالي ، والسبب في ذلك هو توفير كل ما يتعلق بحماية المنازل أو الفلل أو المباني ، واستعادة هيكلها الجديد مرة أخرى ، مما يزيد من عمرها في المستقبلي
    شركة ترميم بالرياض
    تختلف الخدمات التي تقوم بها شركة ترميم بالرياض حيث تشمل جميع اعمال الترميم بمفهومها الواسع سواء كانت اعادة هيكلة وتصليح للمنزل بسبب التلف الحادث مع مرور الوقت الناتج من تاثير العوامل الخارجية المؤثرة علية من مطر ومناخ ورياح وسيول … الخترميم حمامات
    ترميم حمامات
    هل تبحث عن أفكار لتصميم الحمام؟ بالطبع أنت كذلك ، لهذا أنت هنا! سواء كنت تجري ترميمات صغيرة ، أو تجري إصلاحًا شاملاً ، أو مجرد أحلام اليقظة من مكتبك ، يمكن لتجديد الحمام أن يحدث فرقًا كبيرًا في شعور منزلك شركة ترميم حمامات بالرياض
    لابد ان جميعنا نمر بالعديد من الايام المرهقة التي تنتهي بنا دائما في نهاية المطاف الي المنزل ونبدا برحلة البحث عن الراحة والتخلص من الارهاق والمتاعب التي مررنا بها طوال اليوم ورميها جانبا
    شركة ترميم بالرياض
    شركة ترميم منازل بالرياض

    شركة ترميم فلل بالرياض

    شركة ترميم شمال الرياض
    شركة ترميم بالرياض
    ترميم حمامات

    شركة ترميم حمامات بالرياض

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is developed by experts. We'll not get greedy. By far the easiest recipe of getting a Keto Advanced Fat Burner that begets an environment for a Keto Advanced Fat Burner. Presently I'm looking at a depressed market.


    Keto Advanced Fat Burner

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should discover free opinions in this area. That's quite worth doing. I'm playing the field. Please, is this best formula for Keto Advanced Fat Burner? Under these circumstances, "It's as sure as death and taxes." This is hard to believe but quite inaccurate. Here are many things one can do everyday with Keto Advanced Fat Burner. Significantly, have a sensational day.

    I think you enjoy it.


    Keto Advanced
    Keto Advanced Weight Loss

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also have tones of book that are very old. I am giving some of them to my friends that have kids. Reading is so important for a kid!

    ReplyDelete