Hosted by Bookish Ardour, the challenge runs from 1st January to 31st December, and can crossover with other challenges. The definition of steampunk from Steampunk Lab is:
I am going to go for the Geared level, which is five books. I've made my list already but I'm hoping that I'll end up reading lots more than this!it [steampunk] refers to a genre of fiction where steam power, spring gadgets and modern marvels of the 20th century are thrown back to Victorian aesthetics. Technology in a Neo-Victorian setting. The term has spread on to include not just books, but any real mashing up of technology with more classical style, where Verne-esque and Wellsian science is a reality. Some post-apocalyptic elements rise up on occation, depending on the portrayal.
These are the books I plan to read:
- Perdido Street Station by China Mieville
- 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne
- Neuromancer by William Gibson
- The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by G.P Dahlquist
- The Time Machine by H.G Wells